Spiars Engineering, Inc. prides itself on building strong business relationships that are maintained with honesty, integrity, trust, respect, work ethic, unselfish attitudes, a quality product, practical solutions, responsiveness and good communication.
Senior Civil CAD Designer
Civil Engineering CAD Designer to work alongside staff engineers in the design and production of construction drawings for various commercial and residential projects. Provide design assistance and calculations to the civil engineers.
Expectations – Spiars Engineering expects the Senior Designer to execute and have experience with the following:
- Read, interpret, and work from basic and routine deeds, plats, sketches, as builts, specifications, and construction drawings.
- Receive work direction, assist in effectively organizing projects, communicate effectively and foster a cooperative work environment with survey and engineering team members.
- Prepare schematic, design development, and final (construction) drawings as required.
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D to prepare grading designs and plans, street plans and profiles, drainage area maps, storm sewer plans and profiles, and water, sanitary sewer plans and profiles.
- Prepare construction drawings for both commercial and residential development plans, zoning exhibits, and concept plans.
- Create and markup existing PDF documents using Adobe/Bluebeam.
- Train and mentor new CAD Techs.
- Learning and Adaptive – In a growing business with a big mission our engineers must have an appetite for learning and skill improvement.
- Grit, Determination, and Resourcefulness – This person will have to be resourceful in figuring things out, resist being overwhelmed, and be willing to roll up their sleeves until they make it work. Whether looping in other people, finding tools online, or seeking out best practices, this person will have to have an open mind and good resolve. Creative problem solver.
- Organizational Skills – It will require a capacity for seeing patterns, discerning better processes, and prioritizing and systemizing for improved outcomes.
- Chemistry Fit – This is a fun and productive culture. We laugh, we work hard, we press hard, we jump in to figure things out. Fitting into the team chemistry is essential!
- High Character – We operate with a high trust culture. Integrity, honesty, compassion, reconciliation, and diligence are all qualities this person must possess to flourish here.
- Energy and Enthusiasm – This person must bring joy and passion for work to the job. It is essential to spur one another on in their work, be self-motivated to see the positive, and encourage others on the mission.
- Multitasking – This is not a steady state or static environment. Workflow will cycle and interruptions are normal, so this person must be able to juggle and adjust on the fly.
- Project Management – While multitasking, this person must be able to keep an eye on deadlines and critical dependencies and either work to preserve them or bring people in before things are missed.
- Completion of technical school with CAD design certificate or associate degree or equivalent experience in Civil Engineering field desired.
- 5+ years of experience in civil engineering land development field.
- Strong knowledge of Civil 3D in a development design capacity.